- Soft and Aromatic - If possible, wear only soft, natural fiber, organic cotton or silk-lined masks. If the fabric and elastic rub the skin, the friction can cause chapping or disrupt the top barrier layer of the skin, disturbing the skin’s innate protective layer and its friendly microbes, which can lead to acne and rashes. Soft masks that fit well are gentler on the skin and are less likely to rub. Our Air Purifying Essential Oil Breathing Masks are super-soft for all day comfort and a drop of an essential oil like Frankincense, Black Spruce, Ravensara, or Peppermint can be applied to the inside to make the mask microclimate much more aromatic.
- Extended Wear - If wearing a mask for an extended time, switch to a clean mask after a few hours to give the skin a fresh start. Apply Zippity Dew Dab Ozonated Beauty Balm for a beautiful barrier on acne prone areas under the mask. Also, quickly spritzing the skin with a toner every time you don a clean mask may help to strengthen and hydrate taxed skin. Our Frankincense Face Tonic is a little pick me up in a bottle; the aqueous solution revitalizes the skin and revives the spirit with a hydrosol of frankincense.
- Wash and Go - Wash all of your masks with warm water and a skin-friendly, fragrance-free detergent such as Borax, and consider adding a few drops of bacteria-balancing essential oils to the rinse. All essential oils are bacteriostatic, so any oil that you have on hand will do the trick.
- After a Day of Masking, Bask in Soothing Skincare - Rebalance the skin with botanical skincare after a day under a mask. Skin-soothing botanical oils are perfectly poised to cleanse and moisturize your face. Washing the skin with oils effectively and gently removes makeup, extra oils, and environmental pollutants without stripping the top layer of the skin or dislodging the friendly microbes that are our skin’s first line of defense and keep skin strong and smooth.
Organic, golden jojoba oil is brilliantly beneficial to skin with its abundance of botanical compounds, nutrients, and vitamin E tocopherol. Jojoba is a lightweight moisturizing cleanser and an ideal carrier for skin-loving essential oils. Our favorite essential oils to heal and seal the skin are seabuckthorn, rose, frankincense, and sandalwood. You can mix your own serum or try one of our Best Skin Evers: Seabuckthorn Best Skin Ever is a super-hero for skin with acne (blackheads and white heads), and Sandalwood Best Skin Ever is ideal for soothing rashes and dry, sensitive skin.
- Spot On - When you have a spot, you want it gone! Spot treating blemishes with botanicals will bless needy areas of the skin with extra care.